Monday, March 23, 2015

Love.... Once again... Because it is what I so deeply believe in


I haven't exactly had the easiest run in my life. But I certainly haven't had the hardest either. I've struggled to find myself amongst the things in this world. I've pissed off a lot of people in my younger years and I hope that has diminished over time. I've made bad decisions and taken some of the roads that were rough and unsteady in search of my own strength. Strength which I have certainly found. And now at 31 I feel like I understand things better. 

I understand what love is. And I write about my trials and celebrations with it often. I find myself bouncing back and forth between the social ideas and internal perspective of it, challenged continually. 

But here is what I believe it to be and what I hope to show the world it is in every interaction with people. It is a force inside me, and a fierce one at that, that creates the growth I have on a daily basis. It is uncanny, cheeky, misunderstood, hilarious, real, and confusing all in the same breath.

I have accepted lovers and friends that perhaps I shouldn't because ultimately I believe it is a deep acceptance of another individual in their current state of being with nudges forward towards growth that we must judge continually. Our declarations of love and relationships are nothing short or selfish and manipulative. Demanding things of others that we rarely play out ourselves. Asking someone to be to us what we are not to ourselves. Often trying to control an outcome to suit our own individual needs with less consideration of what they need to be to themselves. 

True love is the care and consideration of the beloved. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment